Configuration Management Specialist
|Category: ||Information Technology|
|Experience Level: ||3 Years|
Configuration Management Specialist - Orlando, FL
We are hiring someone responsible for providing local site leadership on one or multiple Major Projects which requires a strong understanding of configuration information through the entire life cycle (drawings = construction = plant asset) of documentation for utilities and new construction to meet Federal Regulations (i.e. Clean Air) and existing station modifications type documentation for owner, such as: design drawings, vendor drawings, vendor submittals, equipment manuals, contracts, invoices, timesheets, etc. Our ideal candidate will display excellent communication, leadership, and total commitment while dealing heavily with customers; generally with construction, engineering, operations and maintenance staff members as well as record managers, sourcing and legal.
Scope of Work:
What You Need:
- Responsible to ensure all documents meet the quality standards for processing and records retention set by the company.
- Required to use, receive, retrieve, quality check, prepare, print, scan, and upload documentation, SharePoint sites and LAN shares.
- Coordinate and update logs, databases, corporate applications and servers.
- Coordinate shipments of any documentation to and from inside/outside facilities.
- Work closely with management to understand project budgets and timelines, to identify, train, and asses additional contract staff members, tools, etc. and to ensure we are working effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in developing reports and measures related to departmental strategic plans and initiatives.
- Interface with management and customers to ensure that work performance is acceptable, attending regular on-site meetings with generation customers, interfacing with supervisors and co-workers to ensure consistency and proper procedure implementation, and serve as a liaison to the customer.
- 50% travel
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest!
We strongly encourage veterans to apply!
*US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- High level of skill in electronic data management (SharePoint)
- Must be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office products (Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong knowledge with various file types including, .TIF, .PDF, .Dgn, .Dwg
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, decision making skills; customer focused
- Experience with SharePoint a plus
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience in records management and configuration management
- 3+ years demonstrated experience supporting project and resource and records and information management program
- Broad understanding or ability to quickly grasp projects and tools (collaboration and filing needs, document types, site/corporate environments, current procedures, team energies, scheduling and budgets)
- Strong understanding of practices and processes of external and internal engineered projects with multiple supplier partnerships and alliances
- Proven ability to work with large volumes of data in a wide variety of file types across multiple servers and collaboration applications/platforms
- Proven experience with construction engineering projects especially in tracking drawings and documents throughout the engineering and construction process
- Proven experience in electronic data management (EDM) applications and processes
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
*We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.